Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Snuggle and Run

The new Tiggy thing is cuddling. Last night, I sat on my bed, reading my book, with a curled up hedgie in my arm. I say curled up, and not balled up; there is a difference. Curled up implies no pain, since her spines are down. She sometimes just snuggles in the palm of my hand, and under the breast, or all the way in the crook of the elbow. When she snuggles, she tries as hard as she can to get so far into it, which is just too cute. At one point she was just sitting on my chest, looking at the book with me. I wish I had someone there to snap a photo of that!

She has moments of that adorable snuggles, and then moments of constant motion. She just can't sit still, it's go, go, go! This is fun too, if not a tad hard to keep up with. She can book it! She almost walked off the edge of the bed today, she's pretty speedy. Luckily I caught her in time. I think tomorrow I'm going to get those spiffy pet cage things, that you can set up in your living room of wherever and it blocks in some space where they can roam free.

I went toy shopping today. She's been avidly running on her wheel at night, so I thought maybe some toys would be fun. I bought a ball and a matchbox car! It's seems strange, but some folks mentioned that their prickly friends like to roll them around. I thought I'd give it a shot. Especially since I found a Shelby Mustang GT500! If I can't have one, by golly, Tiggy will.

I've been trying to find a suitable carry-cage, one that's more portable than her main one. Something I can take her to work in. Since I'm an assistant preschool teacher, I want to take her in and show my kids! They know I was getting her, and one little girl in particular has been very excited about it. I'm going to have a dry run in a few days, see how Tig does with my niece and nephews before bringing her around a bunch of four year olds. The kids at school would be fine with her, I just need to know how she'd be with them. Not that I'd let them hold her, just mainly for noise factor.
Anyway, I found a handy plastic bucket thing my mom had, however I don't think it will work, since Tiggy can reach the top when there's nothing in it.

Also, I'm finding it to be less than easy to snap a decent pic of the darling creature. She's often flighty with the lens comes near her, or she's curled up so much you can't she much. Hehe, she's camera shy I guess. I tried to tell her she's very photogenic and doesn't need to worry about taking a bad shot, but I don't think she understood me. So I'm going to keep trying to snap them when she's occupied doing something. Like eating, for instance...
Gah!! I love this little thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment