Monday, April 27, 2009

Melon Perfume

So my friend Savannah was just over, and I had Tiggy out. Tiggy was in a snuggly mood all night and she kept squirming her way into the crooks of our elbows. Which Savannah wasn't quite used to, so there were a lot of "Ow!'s" and "Oh!'s". Today wasn't quite as hot as yesterday, and tonight there was a cool breeze and we had windows open downstairs, so that may be a reason why she was so cuddly.
We looked around for a bit for some sort of toy for her to play with, and when we couldn't find anything suitable, we ventured into the kitchen. I told her what happened with the cheese and so we went looking maybe for some fruit. We found some cantaloupe and decided to give it a shot. We placed a little bit on a spoon, and Tiggy went straight for it! She sniffed it and licked it like crazy!
And then she twisted funny, and we were confused until that long tongue darted out and started lathering her spines up with cantaloupe foam!
I guess she really liked the stuff, enough to want to smell like that. Anointing is so funny. Also it's a tad icky when she's covered in melon foam perfume and I have to pick her up and it gets everywhere... But watching her do it is priceless!
God made nature so interesting!
I'm finding having a hedgehog to be very interesting and just all around cool!
I love that I can tell when she's feeling a little nervous or peeved when her spines perk up off her back. I love the way she can move them in different directions. I just find her so fascinating... So much so, I started this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment