Monday, April 27, 2009

Bonding and Cheese

As I am typing this one handed, Tiggy the Great is snuggled up nice and warm in the palm of my hand. And even though this impedes my movement, I don't care. This is too adorable for words.

I'm getting used to her quills, and they don't hurt anymore. It's really more the anticipation of pain that gets to you. When asked, I say that they're like toothpicks made of fingernails. Which sounds weird, but since the spines are made of keratin, the same stuff as fingernails and hair, it makes sense.
The breeder I got her from told me that it was important to handle her, even when she doesn't want to be held. Otherwise she'll manipulate me and act up and be all emo and antisocial.

Tiggy is now fast asleep in my hand. I wonder if she's dreaming...

The best food for them is high in protein and low in carbs. So I tried to feed her a piece of cheese. Her reaction was quite amusing. She just smelled it, rubbed her nose on it, and her quills bristled. Maybe we'll try that again whe she gets a bit older. HeHe.

No comments:

Post a Comment