Friday, May 15, 2009

Does Well With Children

I took Tiggy to school last week, and she did great. I kept her in her travel cage for most of the day. I hd her plaid blanket in there and some food and a water bottle. I took her out for show and tell. Even with the kid all crowding around and talking loud, Tiggy did famously. I let the kids do the one finger touch, where they pick one finger and carefully pet her, stroking down her back. She didn't ball up or anything, and no pooping on me!! That was a pleasant surprise. When she snuggles with me, she doesn't poop, but when she's being handled a lot by different people, or even me, she tends to release her bowls. So much poo for such a small creature...

She also had her first (with me) big bath. I put oatmeal wash in the water and gently washed her with a tootbrush and baby soap. She was not a huge fan. Now even the sound of running water makes her nervous. She hears it and tries to hide or climb over my shoulder.

Since she took it hard, she had plenty of cuddle time and we tried some new treats. We tried some chicken, which she was not interested in. She did however enjoy the banana. She seems to like fruits the best, and cantaloupe the really best.
My mom wants to see her annoint, so we tried some cilantro, since it's such strong smell and nothing. Ah well we'll try again another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment